LINCOLN – Lincoln Electric System is holding an open house to outline the Duct Installation Project — a 10-year project to place duct (plastic pipe) underground adjacent to LES’ existing distribution system throughout a large portion of the service area — 4-7 p.m. on Aug. 31, 2017, at the Walter A. Canney Service Center (2620 Fairfield Street in Lincoln).
The installation of this underground duct allows for quick replacement of existing cable as it ages and begins to fail, reducing the impact to customers. This open house will mainly focus on the following 2018 project areas:
- Northwest 56th to Northwest 40th streets: West Adams to West Holdrege streets.
- Northwest 27th to Northwest 12th streets: West Adams to West Holdrege streets and West Holdrege to West O streets.
- Northwest 12th to North First streets: West Alvo Road to West Fletcher Avenue, West Fletcher Avenue to Superior Street, Superior to West Adams streets and West Adams to West Holdrege streets.
- North First to North 14th streets: Alvo Road to Fletcher Avenue, Fletcher Avenue to Superior Street and Adams to Holdrege streets.
- North 14th to North 27th streets: Fletcher Avenue to Superior Street, Superior Street to Cornhusker Highway and Holdrege to O streets.
- North 27th to North 40th streets: Adams to Holdrege streets and Holdrege to O streets.
- South 27th to South 40th streets: O to A streets.
“LES is hosting this open house to provide customers, especially those in the 2018 project area, the opportunity to learn about the project and view photos of the installation process,” said Jeff Hlavac, LES supervisor of Underground Distribution & Street Light Design. “LES staff and the project contractor will be available to answer any questions.”
Excavation in yards may be needed to install the duct and to ensure the existing cable is not disturbed during boring. Fences and other items may have to be temporarily removed, and the area will be restored as close to its original condition as possible.
If unable to attend, information is available at LES.com/construction-projects. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the project’s information line toll free at 800-939-5749.