With budget billing, you have the option to keep the amount of your electric bill the same, based on your average. It's not a savings program but rather a way for you to make your month-to-month budgeting easier.
Here’s how it works:
- You are eligible to sign up for budget billing if you have been in your current residence for at least 12 months and have a zero balance on your electric bill.
- LES sets the amount you pay each month based on your average electric bill.
- LES reviews and recalculates your budget every six months. The recalculated budget amount can fluctuate based on your 12-month average and any account balances or credits.
- This average budget bill amount is adjusted up or down depending on abnormally cold or hot weather during the previous year. The adjusted average is your budget bill amount.
How to make the most of budget billing:
- Please pay the exact amount of your budget bill each month. If you are interested in paying an amount other than your scheduled payment, please email Customer Service or call 402-475-4211.
- Consider setting yourself up on AutoPay.