Financial assistance

We understand unplanned hardships can make it challenging to pay your energy bill. You have options.

Payment arrangements

If there’s a chance you may get behind on your energy bill, we want to help before the circumstances become critical. Because every situation is different, please contact an LES customer service representative to talk through your options.

  • Call 402-475-4211.

You may designate that a third party (family member, friend or neighbor) also be notified in the event a disconnect notice is issued. A third party’s concern may be all that is needed in some situations.

Payment help

United Way 2-1-1 connects you with community resources for payment assistance. It is free, confidential and available 24/7.

  • Call 211 (no area code needed). If you are outside the service area or using certain cell phones, you may need to call 1-866-813-1731.
  • United Way 2-1-1 website.

Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties assists if you have received an electric bill disconnect notice. You must apply for assistance.

  • Call 402-471-4515, extension 1471.

Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services offers a variety of assistance programs. It is located at 1050 N St., Suite 250 in Lincoln.

The Salvation Army offers assistance. It is located at 2625 Potter St. in Lincoln.

  • Call 402-474-6263 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.).