Effective on and after Jan. 1, 2023
AVAILABLE: To CUSTOMERS billed on the Residential, General Service or Heating Service rate schedule.
APPLICABLE: The charges and credits (payments) of this rider will apply to CUSTOMERS who enroll in the LES virtual net metering program (“VNM Program”). Only a CUSTOMER with an acceptable payment history will qualify for this rider.
CHARACTER OF SERVICE: The VNM Program is a way for customers to virtually serve part of their energy consumption with solar power from the LES Community Solar Project located at 7501 W Holdrege St. This VNM Program replicates net metering benefits without an actual customer-owned installation. All energy provided to the CUSTOMER in excess of the virtual net metering generation will continue to be provided and billed under the appropriate rate schedule. The character of the electric service received is identified under the applicable rate schedule.
PURCHASE OF OUTPUT FROM VIRTUAL NET METERING CUSTOMERS: A CUSTOMER in the VNM Program will be allowed to use the electrical output of the virtual generation to supply all or a portion of their own load and deliver the surplus to LES.
RATE: At the end of the BILLING PERIOD, LES will net the metered energy which was supplied by LES, the Renewable Net Meter energy delivered to LES by the CUSTOMER, and the virtual solar energy delivered to LES by the CUSTOMER.
- Energy supplied by LES to the CUSTOMER in a BILLING PERIOD will be billed at the applicable retail rate.
- The net amount of energy supplied to the CUSTOMER is calculated in this specific order: the energy supplied by LES, less any renewable net meter energy delivered to LES, less the virtual solar energy delivered to LES.
- Any virtual solar energy in excess of the net amount of energy provided to the CUSTOMER in a BILLING PERIOD will be purchased by LES at LES' avoided cost.
- Other applicable fees and charges, including the Customer Charge and the Facilities Charge, will be billed to the CUSTOMER at the applicable retail rate.
- Sales tax will be applied to the net amount of energy provided to the CUSTOMER.
Virtual solar energy delivered to LES by a CUSTOMER will be based on the following:
Number of virtual panels subscribed by the CUSTOMER multiplied by (Total kWh produced by the LES Community Solar Project in the previous calendar month divided by 15,333 total panels in the LES Community Solar Project).
Virtual solar energy delivered to LES will appear as credits on the BILL. Credits which exceed charges for a BILLING PERIOD will roll-over to the following BILLING PERIOD. At the end of each calendar year, any credits remaining will be paid by check from LES in the final BILLING PERIOD of the year.
ENROLLMENT: The enrollment fee will be based on the number of virtual panels subscribed by the CUSTOMER and the Program Rate that is in effect on the date of enrollment (see table below). A CUSTOMER will have the option to pay the Program Rate in either (a) one lump sum at the time of enrollment or (b) on a monthly basis over a 36-month period. Monthly payments will be fixed at the Program Rate in effect on the date of enrollment for the entire 36-month term.
Enrollment will be limited to increments of half panels. Sales tax will be assessed at the time of the enrollment. The sales tax rate will be determined by the service address of the CUSTOMER.
A CUSTOMER’S enrollment level will be limited to the lesser of the following:
(a) Whole number of virtual panels with Projected Annual Production (see table below) equivalent to no more than 80 percent of the CUSTOMER’S net energy consumption in the previous 12-month period of Dec. 1 through Nov. 30, or as determined by LES.
(b) 100 virtual panels, which is approximately commensurate to the 25 kWAC production capacity limit under Schedule RNM, Renewable Net Metering Rider.
CANCELLATION: LES will provide compensation, including the sales tax on the refund amount, to a CUSTOMER upon cancellation. The compensation will be based on the number of virtual panels being cancelled by the CUSTOMER and the Refund Rate that is in effect on the date of cancellation (see table below).
For any virtual panel that is still under an active 36-month payment period, the portion of the virtual panel being cancelled will be prorated according to the Equivalent Virtual Panel Subscribed, calculated per the following:
Equivalent Virtual Panel Subscribed = Total payments to date ($) / 36-Month Program Rate * 36
RESTRICTIONS: During the final five calendar years of the program (2032 – 2036), no new enrollments or increases in existing enrollment will be allowed. Full or partial cancellation will be allowed at any time.
RENEWABLE ENERGY CERTIFICATES: All renewable energy certificates related to virtual solar energy production will be retired by LES on behalf of the CUSTOMER.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- This is an incentive program that is subject to review and revision. LES will resolve discrepancies or other issues regarding interpretation or implementation of the VNM Program.
- The VNM Program will terminate on July 1, 2036. Enrollment of all participating CUSTOMERS will be canceled and all related energy purchases by LES will cease.
- Projected Annual Production is an estimate based on the expected LES Community Solar Project output. While not expected, there could be periods where there is no output. LES makes no guarantee of actual output levels.
- VNM Program enrollment is specific to the CUSTOMER and non-transferrable.
- It is LES’ understanding that VNM Program enrollment does not entitle the CUSTOMER to federal tax credits related to the LES Community Solar Project or the energy produced.
Projected Annual Production
More about solar with LES